B650 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.0/1.1) Motherboard
AMD B650 Chipset
With the fast-moving technology changes, GIGABYTE always follows the latest trends and provides customers with advanced features and latest technologies. GIGABYTE motherboards are equipped with upgraded power solution, latest storage standards and outstanding connectivity to enable optimized performance for gaming.
Twin Digital VRM Design
To ensure maximum Turbo Boost and overclocking performance of AMD's new generation CPU, GIGABYTE AORUS series motherboard equip the best VRM design ever built with the highest quality components.
To unleash full potential of multi-cores CPU performance
For CPU integrated GPU performance and memory control
Provide stable power for CPU-connected PCIe lanes
* 7+7 phases parallel power design
PCIe 5.0 Design
Ultra Durable™ SMD PCIe 5.0 x4 M.2 Connector
The first PCIe 5.0 x4 M.2 Slot supports the latest M.2 25110 form factor. Reinforced PCIe 5.0 M.2 connectors with metal shielding to provide higher strength.
EXPO & XMP Support
DDR5 EXPO & XMP Overclocking Up to 8000 and Beyond*
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that the memory overclocking capability is able up to 8000 and beyond. All users need to do for achieving this extreme memory performance boost is to ensure that their DDR5 memory modules are AMD EXPO™/ Intel® XMP capable, the EXPO/XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard.
* Memory overlocking capability and EXPO/XMP profiles support may vary depending on hardware configuration and memory modules. Please see the complete validated memory support list. Product features may vary by model.
Unlock DDR5 Voltage
- GIGABYTE exclusive circuit design unlocks Native DDR5 voltage control
- Transforms Native DDR5 memory module to Overclocked DDR5 memory
- Increases DDR5 memory overclocking performance and capability
- Supports all PMIC vendors for maximum compatibility
* Memory overclocking capabiblity will vary based on users' hardware configuration
EXPO and XMP Dual Support
GIGABYTE AM5 MB supports both AMD EXPO™ and/or Intel® XMP overclocking memory modules for maximal compatibility. MB will automatically detect both profiles format in SPD, users can choose to enable one of profiles from BIOS menu and easily reach overclocked memory performance.
DDR5 Auto Booster
Automatically Boost the Native DDR5 frequency to 5000MHz while the system is under heavy loading by a single click.
AMD EXPO™ and Intel® XMP 3.0 User Profile
Define and create your own SPD profile into Native, AMD EXPO™ and Intel® XMP 3.0 memory modules. One user-defined profile can be saved, loaded either locally or from/to an external storage device.
- One empty SPD profile can be defined by users and carry to next computer
- Quick memory performance simulation based on user input clock and timing parameters
- Profile save and load function to share your memory parameters online
OUTSTANDING THERMAL DESIGN
GIGABYTE Motherboards' unparalleled performance is guaranteed by innovative and optimized thermal design to ensure the best CPU, Chipset, SSD stability and low temperatures under full load application and gaming performance.
1. Fully Covered Thermal Design
High coverage MOSFET and integrated molding Heatsinks to improve thermal efficiency with better airflow and heat exchange.
2. M.2 Thermal Guard
The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
3. 6mm Mega-Heatpipe
4. 7 W/mK Thermal Pad
5. 8-Layer & 2X Copper PCB
2X COPPER PCBs design effectively lower the component temperature by its high thermal conductivity and low impedance.
Fully Covered MOSFET Heatsink
M.2 Thermal Guard
Smart Fan 6
Smart Fan 6 contains several unique cooling features that ensure gaming PC maintain its performance while staying cool and quiet. Multiple fan headers can support PWM/DC fan and pump, and users can easily define each fan curve based on different temperature sensors across the board via intuitive user interface.
High Current Support
Each fan headers support PWM and DC fan and Water Cooling Pump , and up to 24W (12V x 2A) with Over-Current Protection
Multiple temperature/fan speed control points for precise fan curve
Dual Curve Mode
Slope/Stair dual mode for different user scenario
Fan can stop completely below users' specified temperature point
PWM/DC Fan Headers
Internal Temperature Sensors
GIGABYTE Motherboards enable the ultimate connection experience with blazing data-transfer speeds through the next generation network, storage, and WIFI connectivity.
802.11ax Wi-Fi 6E
The latest Wireless solution 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6E with new dedicated 6GHz band, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, better gaming experience, few dropped connections and speeds up to 2.4Gbps. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides 4X range over BT 4.2 and with faster transmission.
1. Smart Antenna
- 2X signal strength compared to traditional antenna design.
- AORUS Antenna with smart antenna function for the best WIFI signal transmitting.
2. New 6GHz Signal Design
All new antenna supported 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6E 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz.
3. Multiple Angle & Magnetic Base
Multiple angle tilt and magnetic base for the best signal strength direction and location.
Wi-Fi 6E bring you the Ultimate VR experience!
Wi-Fi 6E brings faster Wi-Fi speeds, lower latency, and better battery life for VR devices, which means streaming VR games wirelessly from your PC to your VR device offers a lot smoother and has higher quality video.
Wi-Fi 6E compared to Wi-Fi 5 provide…
- 40% faster speed for smoother gaming/streaming experience
- 50% higher resolution for video game related content
- Better battery life for VR devices
Wi-Fi 6E Advantage
Spectrum congestion is huge problem in current Wi-Fi environment nowadays because too many devices all use existing 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrum, and it cause unreliable connection and slower speed. Wi-Fi 6E is extended standard to Wi-Fi 6, and it use dedicated 6GHz band that it provides not only brand new frequency to transfer data, but also spacious spectrum for future more devices. With Wi-Fi 6E, users can enjoy faster connection and stronger signal than before.
First adopter on 2.5GbE LAN onboard
2X Faster than ever
- Adoption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5GbE network connectivity, with at least 2 times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience.
- Support Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 Ethernet
Front USB-C® 20Gb/s
Connecting the Future - Front USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C®
Featuring the USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 design which is doubled the performance than previous generation of USB 3.2 Gen 2. It works up to 20Gbps ultra-fast data transfer while connecting to USB 3.2 compliant peripherals. Through the USB Type-C® connector, users can enjoy the flexibility of reversible connection to access and store massive amounts of data rapidly.
Rear USB-C® 10Gb/s
Connecting the Future - Rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C®
AMD's native USB 3.2 Gen 2 provides USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports with speeds up to 10Gbps. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation as well as backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and USB 3.2 Gen1, the much improved USB 3.2 Gen 2 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C™ and the traditional USB Type-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
High-End Audio Capacitors
AORUS motherboards use high-end audio capacitors. These high quality capacitors help deliver high resolution and high fidelity audio to provide the most realistic sound effects for gamers.
Audio Noise Guard
AORUS motherboards feature an audio noise guard that essentially separates the board’s sensitive analog audio components from potential noise pollution at the PCB level.
GIGABYTE motherboards bundle several useful and intuitive software to help users to control every aspect of motherboard and provide customizable lighting effect with outstanding aesthetics to fit your unique personality.
New User Interface
All new EASY MODE shows important hardware information in one page including CPU clock, Memory, Storage, Fan.
Add constantly used items into the favorite menu for quick access.
Show all kinds of storage information including SATA, PCIE and M.2 interface..
List all changes before saving and exiting bios. Quickly review overall settings modification.
Intuitive Load Line Curve
Clearly show each loadline calibration setting in an intuitive curve graph.
GIGABYTE Control Center
GIGABYTE CONTROL CENTER (GCC) is a unified software for all GIGABYTE supported products. It provides newly designed intuitive user interface to control all essential function.
- Unified software platform for all Gigabyte supported products
- Intuitive user interface for an eased experience
- Modularized control components only for installed hardware
- Auto update function to keep system up to date and support future products
A multi-function reset button that can be reconfigured to other function in BIOS for different user scenarios.
Turn off all lighting effect on motherboard.
Boot into BIOS menu directly without pressing any keyboard button.
Boot into BIOS safe mode to change specific option without losing other BIOS settings.
* Photo for reference only.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ design provides product durability and high-quality manufacturing process. GIGABYTE motherboards use the best components and reinforce every slots to make each of them solid and durable.
With GIGABYTE EZ-Latch, you can DIY your PC in no time, quick and easy.
Update the BIOS easily without installing the CPU, memory and graphics card.
With GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus, you don't need to install the CPU, memory and graphics card nor enter the BIOS menu to flash the BIOS. Just download and save a new BIOS file (rename to gigabyte.bin) on the USB flash drive, then press the dedicated Q-Flash Plus button and you’re good to go!
- AMD Socket AM5:Supports AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Processors
- Unparalleled Performance:Twin 14*+2+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution
- Dual Channel DDR5:4*SMD DIMMs with AMD EXPO™ & Intel® XMP Memory Module Support
- Next Generation Storage:1*PCIe 5.0 x4 and 2*PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Connectors
- Fully Covered Heatpipe & M.2 Thermal Guard:To Ensure VRM Power Stability & 25110 PCIe 5.0 M.2 SSD Performance
- EZ-Latch:PCIe x16 Slot & M.2 Connectors with Quick Release & Screwless Design
- Fast Networks:2.5GbE LAN & Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax
- Extended Connectivity:DP, HDMI, Rear USB-C® 10Gb/s, Front USB-C® 20Gb/s
- Smart Fan 6:Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus:Update BIOS Without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
* 7+7 phases parallel power design