Intel Core i9-12900KS
Take the next evolutionary leap. Powered by the performance hybrid architecture, which, for the first time in a desktop processor, incorporates two types of cores — Performance cores (P-cores) and Efficient cores (E-cores) — in a single processor, the 12th Gen Intel Core processors deliver optimized single-thread performance and multi-tasking efficiency for complicated modern workloads. The 12th Gen also ushers in DDR5 and PCIe 5.0 for a new level of platform performance.
The Intel Core i9-12900KS features 16 cores (8 P-cores and 8 E-cores) and insane 5.5 GHz max turbo frequency, making it the ultimate processor for gamers, content creators and more who want the fastest performance.
Revolutionary performance and multitasking.
- With the highest clock speeds and a groundbreaking new architecture, you’ll be able to push your gameplay to new heights while secondary apps run seamlessly in the background.
- Up to 5.5 GHz Max Clock Speed (1)
- 16 Cores (8 Performance-cores, 8 Efficient-cores)
- 24 Threads (16 on Performance-cores, 8 on Efficient-cores)
- Unlocked and overclockable (2)
Divide and conquer.
- Intel’s new performance hybrid?architecture integrates two core families into a single CPU, keeping everything in your gaming universe running smoothly.
- Intel Thread Director prioritizes and manages workloads, sending tasks to the best core for the job. (3)
- P-cores are built for performance across single- and lightly-threaded workloads, enhancing activities like gaming and productivity.
- E-cores are optimized for multi-threaded performance, minimizing interruptions from secondary tasks.
Performance beyond the cores.
- The new processor architecture is also compatible with the latest platform innovations, giving you performance improvements throughout your PC.
- Support for PCIe Gen 5 and DDR5 for high-performance components like memory and graphics.
- Thunderbolt 4 and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6/6E (Gig+) deliver fast transfer speeds and connections to peripherals.
- Separate overclocking controls for both types of cores gives you nuanced personalization.
1. On performance cores. Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors.
2. Unlocked features are present with select chipsets and processor combinations. Altering clock frequency or voltage may void any product warranties and reduce stability, and life of the processor and other components.
3.Intel Thread Director is designed into 12th Gen Intel Core processors and helps supporting operating system intelligently channel workloads to the right core. No user action required.