3.5” SAS HDD HAS5300
Enterprise-grade SAS HDDs for Synology systems
Engineered for top performance and reliability in Synology systems
Unmatched integration with DSM and Synology hardware enable HAS5300 SAS hard drives to reliably deliver class-leading performance in enterprise deployments. HAS5300 drives have passed 200,000 hours of rigorous testing on Synology hardware, feature a 2.5M-hour MTTF, and are covered by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty1.
Up to 281 MB/s sustained data transfer2
Up to 27% faster drive repair in Synology NAS3
Rated for 2.5 million hours MTTF
One-click drive firmware updates through DSM
The HAS5300 series drives leverage the low-latency SAS protocol. When paired with high-performance and highly scalable Synology SA or UC series solutions, they ensure that mission-critical workloads always have access to dependable and fast storage.
Back to peak performance faster
Building on two decades of storage expertise, Synology HAS5300 drives run on firmware optimized for critical workloads that matter. They allow Synology systems to repair degraded RAID arrays up to 27% faster than similar-class and capacity drives.
Storage that stands the test of time
Rigorous tests and compatibility verification4 ensure maximum reliability on Synology systems, even while handling the most extreme workloads.
One-click firmware upgrades
Automatic firmware update notifications and one-click installation through DSM minimize maintenance workload and reduce the chance of oversights.
A 2.5 million-hour MTTF5, support for up to 550 TB per year workloads, and persistent write cache technology come together to safeguard data integrity.
MTTF rating up to
2.5 million hours
At Synology, we are committed to product innovation and quality. HAS5300 drives are backed by a 5-year limited warranty that includes technical support and hardware replacement services to maximize your return on investment.
1. The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on the receipt of purchase.
2. Maximum sustained data transfer speed of HAS5300-16T drives.
3. Performance testing was conducted by Synology using 12 drives on an SA3600, configured using RAID 5 and a Btrfs file system, against similar capacity (12TB) and class (Enterprise) drives. Results are for reference only. Actual performance may vary depending on workload, testing methods, and how devices and software are configured.
4. Among the HAS5300-8T, HAS5300-12T, and HAS5300-16T drives, over 200,000 hours of tests have been conducted on SAS-compatible Synology devices to ensure compatibility and performance expectations of these drives when used on Synology solutions.
5. Mean Time to Failure (MTTF) is not a guarantee or estimate of product life; it is a statistical value related to mean failure rates for a large number of products which may not accurately reflect actual operation. Actual operating life of the product may be different from the MTTF and is affected by environmental and usage conditions.
6. Product images are for illustrative purposes only. Actual product may appear with different labeling or housing, which do not affect the performance characteristics of the product.