The FortiWiFi-60D series security appliance delivers comprehensive enterprise-class protection for smaller locations, branch offices, customer premise equipment (CPE) and retail networks. Building on the foundation of the FortiASIC System on a Chip 2 (SOC2) it provides an integrated set of essential security technologies to protect all of your applications and data. The FortiGate-60D WiFi is ideal for BYOD environments requiring integrated wireless access and next generation security. Simple per-device pricing, an integrated management console, a range of interface options as well as remote management capabilities significantly reduce procurement, deployment and administrative costs.
The FortiGate/FortiWiFi 60D Series are compact, all-in-one security appliances that deliver Fortinet’s Connected UTM. Ideal for small business, remote, customer premise equipment (CPE) and retail networks, these appliances offer the network security, connectivity and performance you need at a single low per-device price.
Consolidated Security Solutions
You get advanced threat protection, including firewall, application control, advanced threat protection, IPS, VPN, and web filtering, all from one device that’s easy to deploy and manage. With our FortiGuard® security subscription services you’ll have automated protection against today’s sophisticated threats.
Reduce the need for additional wireless access points by integrating a high-bandwidth “fat-client” into your FortiGate with the FortiWiFi 60D. It’s also a great option to secure mobile devices in BYOD environments with automatic device identification and customizable access and security policies.
VDOMs on the FortiGate/FortiWiFi 60D let you segment networks to enable guest and employee access, or protect things like cardholder data. You get the flexibility to match your business needs and meet compliance standards like PCI and HIPAA.
|Firewall Performance||IPS Performance||Interfaces|
|60D||1.5 Gbps||200 Mbps||Multiple GE RJ45|
|60D-POE||1.5 Gbps||200 Mbps||Multiple GE RJ45 and GE RJ45 PoE|
Features & Benefits
- 1.5 Gbps throughput performance ensures your network security won’t be a bottleneck
- Integrated switch and options for PoE simplify your network infrastructure
- Up to 2x WAN, 7x LAN and 1x DMZ interface ports (2x Power over Ethernet ports on PoE models)
- Runs on FortiOS 5 — the most powerful security operating system in the world delivers more security to fight advanced threats, more control to secure mobile devices, and more intelligence to build secure policies
Powered by FortiASIC SoC2
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet’s proprietary FortiASIC™ content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Simplifies appliance design and enables breakthrough performance for smaller networks
- Supports firewall acceleration across all packet sizes for maximum throughput
- Delivers accelerated UTM content processing for superior performance and protection
- Accelerates VPN performance for high speed, secure remote access
Install in Minutes with FortiExplorer
The FortiExplorer™ wizard enables you to easily and quickly set up and configure FortiGate and FortiWiFi platforms with easy-to-follow instructions. The application runs on Windows, Mac OS X desktops and laptops as well as popular mobile devices. Simply connect to the appropriate USB port on the appliance, and be fully protected in minutes.
3G/4G WAN Connectivity
The FortiGate/FortiWiFi 60D Series includes a USB port that allows you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Compact and Reliable Form Factor
Designed for small environments, you can place it on a desktop or wall-mount it. It is small, lightweight yet highly reliable with superior MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), minimizing the chance of a network disruption.
Superior Wireless Coverage
A built-in dual-band, dual-stream access point with internal antennas is integrated on the FortiWiFi 60D and provides speedy 802.11n coverage on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The dual-band chipset addresses the PCI-DSS compliance requirement for rogue AP wireless scanning, providing maximum protection for regulated environments.
FortiOS Management UI — FortiView and Application Control Panel
FortiOS helps you protect your organization against advanced threats, configure and deploy your network security faster and see deep into what’s happening inside your network. It enables organization to set up policies specific to types of devices, users and applications with industry-leading security capabilities. FortiOS leverages custom FortiASICs and the Optimum Path Processing architecture of FortiGate to deliver 5 times faster throughput performance. In essence, FortiOS delivers:
- Comprehensive Security — Control thousands of applications and stop more threats with NSS Labs Recommended IPS, sandboxing, VB100 certified antimalware and more.
- Superior Control and Visibility — Stay in control with rich visibility over network traffic, granular policy control, and intuitive, scalable security and network management.
- Robust Networking Capabilities — Optimize your network with extensive switching and routing, high availability, WAN optimization, embedded WiFi controller, and a range of virtual options.
FortiGuard™ Security Services
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet’s solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world’s leading threat monitoring organizations, other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies:
- Real-time Updates — 24x7x365 Global Operations research security intelligence, distributed via Fortinet Distributed Network to all Fortinet platforms.
- Security Research — FortiGuard Labs have discovered over 170 unique zero-day vulnerabilities to date, totaling millions of automated signature updates monthly.
- Validated Security Intelligence — Based on FortiGuard intelligence, Fortinet’s network security platform is tested and validated by the world’s leading third-party testing labs and customers globally.
FortiCare™ Support Services
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes:
- Enhanced Support — For customers who need support during local business hours only.
- Comprehensive Support — For customers who need around the- clock mission critical support, including advanced exchange hardware replacement.
- Premium Services — For global or regional customers who need an assigned Technical Account Manager, enhanced service level agreements, extended software support, priority escalation, on-site visits and more.
- Professional Services — For customers with more complex security implementations that require architecture and design services, implementation and deployment services, operational services and more.