Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing by introducing the airFiber® AF-5XHD. Designed for use in the 5 GHz frequency band, the AF-5XHD features the newest radio technology, offering greater channel bandwidths (up to 100 MHz) and more advanced RF components.
The AF-5XHD is also compatible with a number of existing Ubiquiti® antennas for the 5 GHz band, including airFiber X antennas and certain RocketDish™ antennas. Pair the AF-5XHD with a compatible Ubiquiti antenna for a complete 5 GHz Point-to-Point (PtP) solution.
The AF-5XHD also includes a special IP67 upgrade kit for enhanced protection from dust and water.
Engineered for Performance
Ubiquiti’s custom silicon and proprietary radio architecture are designed specifically for long-distance, outdoor wireless applications.
Our core communications processing engine surpasses all of the limitations inherent to generic Wi-Fi chips to provide superior performance, long-range capability, DFS flexibility, higher constellations, and power output, along with better receive sensitivity.
The AF-5XHD features industry leading 10.6 bps/Hz spectral efficiency, line-rate data packet processing for up to 1 Gbps of real data throughput, and innovative xtreme Range Technology (xRT™) for up to 100 km in range.
The AF-5XHD offers the following advanced features:
- Programmable Transmit Power The radio's transmit power level can be programmed up to +29 dBm.
- Programmable Duty Cycle (GPS synchronized frames) The AF-5XHD allows configuration of asymmetric TX and RX duty cycles. TX ratios include 25%, 33%, 50%, 66.7%, and 75%.
- Configurable GPS Synchronization The AF-5XHD offers configurable support for 2, 2.5, 4, and 5ms frames. Timing is compatible with all other synchronous systems.
- Split TX and RX Frequency* The radio can operate on different frequencies for TX and RX, allowing great flexibility for interference avoidance.
- Split TX and RX Channel Bandwidth* Support for different channel bandwidths for TX and RX allows users to scale required data capacity more efficiently.
- Adaptive Modulation up to 1024QAM Adaptive modulation rates of up to 1024QAM (4096QAM with targeted upgrade) are supported.
- Dual Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Ports with PoE
The AF-5XHD has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to provide redundant PoE power.
- OFDM and OFDMA Support* The radio offers flexible scheduling for 2, 4, or 8 subchannels.
- Bluetooth Wireless Configuration Use the built-in Bluetooth interface for wireless configuration.
- AlignLock™ Antenna Aiming Guard This alerts the user when the radio or antenna aiming is changed due to tampering, impact, or storm damage.
- User-Configurable Interference Mitigation Three user-selectable profiles support both high-interference and greenfield deployments for robust, optimal performance.
- Redundant Images for Fail-Safe Configuration
Creation of backup firmware images ensures fail-safe configuration and enhances reliability.
- Persistent Spectrum Analysis with Dedicated RX
Perform real-time spectral analysis for the full band on live links without interrupting the link operation.
- Wide Voltage Range, Enhanced Surge Protection
The AF-5XHD has an operating voltage range of 24-48VDC and provides enhanced surge protection.
* Available with a future firmware upgrade.
5 GHz Backhaul
Full-Band Certification with DFS
The AF-5XHD covers the entire, license-free, 5 GHz spectrum and includes DFS approval. Anyone around the world can deploy and operate the AF-5XHD in the 5 GHz range practically anywhere they choose (subject to local country regulations).
Optimal Operation in Unlicensed Bands
Channel width flexibility (10/20/30/40/50/60/80/100 MHz) allows independent TX and RX channel frequency configurations anywhere within the radio band to avoid local interference, and the channel centers are selectable in 1 MHz increments. You also have the ability to program different uplink and downlink duty cycles to support asymmetric traffic requirements.
Ultra-Low Latency with HDD Technology
The AF-5XHD is designed to provide the highest TDD throughput available and is engineered with proprietary Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) technology.
In a backhaul link, two AF-5XHD radios use patent-pending HDD technology to calculate the propagation delay and know when each radio can transmit and receive, so they send packets in precise synchronization. Packet transmission latency is virtually eliminated.
Co-location is vital in many scenarios. For example, a WISP may have limited tower space, so it must co-locate all equipment within that allotted footprint.
Precise GPS frame synchronization frees the AF-5XHD from interference for superior co-location capability. GPS enables the concurrency of TX and RX frames so you can co-locate the AF-5XHD radios and enhance the overall performance of your backhaul links.
Clean Power Output
Using digital pre-distortion compensation and multi-IFFT processing, the innovative RF design delivers ultra-clean power output that improves noise immunity and co-location performance. This reduces the potential impact on the RF noise environment and allows for the use of higher-order modulation, such as 1024QAM.