The E-commerce landscape is filled with confusion, so we aim to make your experience as smooth as possible. From questions about integration, customer service, marketing, to campaign planning and beyond, we have you covered. Take a look at some of our FAQs, and if you still have questions feel free to reach out to us- we are happy to speak with you and help in any way possible.
All available product categories are listed on the seller commission page Currently, all Computer Hardware and Consumer Electronics products are under evaluation and are approved on a case by case basis.
If you would like to request a specific category not listed above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes. Our promotional vehicles provide opportunities to help sellers drive sales, provided they meet our criteria. Our Merchandising Team works closely with our sellers to develop a structured plan, which identifies and targets successful marketing vehicles for optimal performance.
Merchants are paid every Wednesday on a Net 30 term for all orders that shipped in the Newegg system. Funds are deposited directly into your specified account once a week via ACH transfers, so you will typically receive payment between 30-36 days. Payment details will be emailed to you weekly, and you can also access each settlement under your Seller Portal account.
- The account holder name on your bank records may be incorrect, please double check in the Seller Portal.
- Your W-9 form (W-8BEN-E for international sellers) may have a problem (please check if all information listed on the W-9 form matches the information listed under your main contact information in your seller portal).
- The bank account information may be incorrect or outdated. Please double check this information and update any new bank account to process your ACH Payments.
- Payments are issued to sellers who have accumulated $25 or more in sales ($100 or more in sales for international sellers). Payment will be held until your sales reach this threshold.
We will email you a statement every time we pay you. You also have access to download statement by logging in to the Seller Portal.
Follow these directions:
- On the navigation bar, click on “Business Report” and then on “Payment Reports“.
- Click on “Settlements” -> “Search” and then click on the “View Transactions” link for the settlement you wish to review.
- You will be prompted to the Transaction Detail page. From this page, click on the “Export All” button on the bottom right corner. You will be prompted to save the file; once saved, you can open the file to review your payments in Microsoft Excel.
For domestic U.S. sellers, the primary method of payment is wire transfers, paid out every Wednesday on Net30 payment terms. For global sellers we have three payment options, Payoneer, World First, and PingPong. (Learn More)
Payoneer is a cross-border payment platform that provides online money transfer and currency conversion services for online sellers. It’s easy to sign up and receive your Newegg payments into your Payoneer account, where they can be easily withdrawn directly to your home bank account in your local currency. (Learn More)
World First is a leading foreign exchange company specializing in solutions for online marketplace sellers. They can provide you with access to a U.S. bank account, through which you can receive revenue payments from Newegg. You can then arrange for your funds to be transferred to your home bank account at a time of your choosing and in your local currency. World First offers competitive exchange rates to help ensure you keep more of your money when it’s sent home. (Learn More)
PingPong is an innovative global money transfer service provider that provides payment and currency conversion services specifically for cross border e-commerce merchant based in China. Pingpong specializes secure and efficient global money transfer service which enables e-commerce merchant getting paid from global ecommerce marketplaces in foreign currency into their local bank account in China or Hong Kong and conveniently converted into their local currency. Pingpong’s service is fast, reliable and cost competitive. (Learn More)
For domestic sellers with a US bank account or international sellers, the standard method for transferring profits from your sales on Newegg is a wire transfer. Paypal can also be enabled for fund transfers, with a maximum amount of up to $10,000. (Learn More)
Newegg shall charge sales tax on Seller’s behalf for sales of Seller Products on the Website. Where applicable and for orders shipped from Newegg fulfillment centers, Newegg will collect the sales tax for the states in which the Newegg fulfillment centers are located. All sales tax proceeds collected by Newegg on Seller’s behalf will be sent to tax authorities. Seller hereby agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Newegg for any failure to charge, collect and/or remit the proper amount of sales tax with respect to any sale of a Seller Product on the Website.
No, since Newegg is the Merchant of Record; we will be sending the sales tax that was collected to the appropriate state for processing. You will not receive a 1099 from us. You may download a copy of each settlement in the Seller Portal for reference. (Please review: “Do I Receive Payment Settlements?” for instructions on “how to download transactions”).
Seller Account Settings
Your seller account may be inactive because it was recently created. For quality assurance, we ask sellers to begin the process by uploading product in the Seller Portal. Once a few products have been uploaded, we will review your listings and correct any potential mishaps in the process. This quality assurance procedure has effectively helped many sellers start off on the right foot, and has helped to produce more sales. Once you have created your items, they will appear as disabled until your seller account has been activated. Our Category Manager will verify your items and then activate your account so that you can begin selling in our Marketplace platform.
If you have any questions, you may contact our support team at email@example.com.
Please contact your account manager regarding activating your account, if you are unsure who your account manager is you can contact our Seller Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
You are allowed 72 hours to ship an order upon receiving order confirmation from us. After 72 hours, orders will auto-void and you will not be paid, regardless if you have shipped the merchandise or not.
No, you are allowed 72 hours on all items sold on Newegg Marketplace. If you know that certain items require more than 72 hours to prepare, we encourage you not to list those items on our marketplace.
Will Newegg pursue the customer for payment if I ship an order that was auto-voided (past 72-hour shipping deadline)?
No, Newegg will not be responsible for pursuing payment on your behalf. Fulfilling orders within 72 hours is the responsibility of our sellers.
No, Newegg will not credit sellers for merchandise loss. If an order is not shipped within 72 hours, sellers are responsible.
No, the 72 hour deadline includes working business days only. Each order has a date time stamp which indicates when orders will auto-void. The 72 hour time-stamp is calculated in Pacific Standard Time (PST). This time stamp is located in the Order List in our Seller Portal.
Please note: If you are not in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, please process your orders earlier to prevent auto-voids.
Feedback and Performance
The Newegg Marketplace third-party seller rating system is 1 to 5 eggs, with 5 eggs being the best. After a customer has ordered from a third party seller, the customer has 60 days to leave comments, feedback, and ratings to inform other customers about their experience. We consider 4 to 5 egg ratings as positive experiences, 3 is neutral, and 1 to 2 eggs are negative experiences. A third-party seller’s average rating will appear alongside their name on Newegg site. See our completed seller review Posting Policy.
Most sellers will receive some negative feedback at one time or another. If you have large number of negative feedback, you may want to review your business practices and adjust to the demands of your customers. When you receive a negative feedback, there are several ways you can respond:
- Learn from it: Each negative feedback remark is a great opportunity to learn about and improve your operational practices. When you are signed in your seller account on Seller Portal, you can see the customer’s name and the associated order numbers. Review the order which received the negative feedback, fix any underlying problems in your operation, and move on.
- Ask the buyer to remove the feedback: If you want to respond to negative feedback, the best option is to work with the customer to improve the situation that led to the negative feedback. Then, ask the customer to remove the feedback. To do this, contact the customer with concern over the problem, and remedy it if possible. If you develop a positive relationship, ask the customer to remove the feedback. When contacting a customer, always keep in mind that pressuring a customer is unacceptable and a violation of our policies.How to remove seller feedback
Log in to Newegg.com -> Go to “Order History” and find the order with feedback you would like to remove -> click the submitted feedback link (eggs) -> Click “Delete” button on the right.
- Leave a response to the feedback: If you cannot work with the customer to remove the feedback, leave a professional and positive comment in response to the feedback, and move on. Always keep in mind that inappropriate response is unacceptable and a violation of our policies.How to leave a response to the feedback
Log in to Newegg Seller Portal -> Click “Customer Rating Report” under “Business Report” -> Select the feedback you would like to respond, click “Respond” button to reply. If the buyer eventually decides to remove the feedback they left, your response will automatically be removed.
We focus on both seller’s average feedback rating as well as the number of orders which have negative feedback ratings as a percentage of total order count as an indicator of seller performance. Seller should maintain overall average seller feedback rating at above 3-egg level.
Newegg places customer experience as of highest importance. We have established acceptable standards on customer experience related performance metrics so millions of Newegg value customers can shop with a sense of safety and security from our third party seller community. We at Newegg are constantly searching for new ways to improve our customer experience and we are updating the standard and target on our third party seller’s performance metrics from time to time accordingly. To find out the most updated standards on seller performance metrics, click here. Here are some tips for the best practice:
- All orders must be shipped within 3 business days of receiving order from Newegg. To ensure optimum customer experience, having orders shipped out within 1 – 2 business day(s) with order tracking numbers updated would be highly recommended. Orders will be voided automatically if not being fulfilled within 3 business days and such voids will contribute to seller’s order per-fulfillment void ratio.
- All sellers must maintain sales order pre-fulfillment void ratio not exceeding 2.5%. Pre-Fulfillment void ratio is the number of orders voided by a seller prior to ship confirms divided by the number of total orders the seller received from Newegg.
- Maintain positive overall customer feedback ratings. 4 to 5 egg rating considered as positive rating, 3 egg rating considered as neutral, and the ratings with less than 3 eggs considered as negative.
- Orders with negative customer feedback ratings OR orders with refund RMA OR both are considered as orders without meeting customer’s expectation. Those orders are defined as defect orders. All sellers must maintain the overall ratio of defect orders among all the orders sellers fulfilled during the time period not exceeding 3%.
- All customer emails must be responded to within 1 business day of receipt. Slow responding to customer emails on any order issues likely causes customer to leave negative feedback and ratings.
Newegg is responsible for checking customer information for potential fraud. Once we validate customer information, the order confirmation will be sent to your Seller Portal. This is when the 72 hour auto-void deadline begins.
Please Note: You may receive an email from us asking you to void or stop an order from shipping because we later discovered fraudulent activity after the order confirmation was sent to you. Please do not be alarmed, you will still be paid for the item if you are unable to void the order. We ask that you attempt to recall any orders valued above $25 if they were shipped. We will credit you any recall fees assessed by your shipping company to return the package back to you. If you have any questions regarding this, please email us at email@example.com.
Refunds and Returns
- Courtesy refund is used when you want to issue a partial refund to the customer as a courtesy from your company, without requiring the customer to return the product.
- RMA refund is used when you require our customer to return the merchandise back to you.
Please Note: Courtesy Refund does not refund commission back to you because it is a courtesy from your company and it does not refund sales tax (if applicable) back to the customer. So we encourage our sellers to use RMA Refund whenever possible.
Shipped by Newegg
Yes, we now have our Shipped by Newegg fulfillment service available for orders placed on the Newegg.ca site. You must set up a specific SBN account for Canada; all the rates and contact information can be found here.
Enrollment is very simple. Seller can enroll Shipped by Seller items into Shipped by Newegg via Seller Portal, Datafeed or API. When you first convert an item from Shipped by Seller to Shipped by Newegg, system will require you to review and accept our Shipped by Newegg online agreement. Click “accept” to enroll in the program.
Newegg’s fulfillment centers are strategically placed to allow ground shipments to reach the vast majority of North American customers within 2 days.
- Industry, CA – 3 facilities, 464,000 square feet combined
- Indianapolis, IN – 1 facility, 450,000 square feet
- Edison, NJ – 2 facilities, 351,000 square feet combined
- Richmond Hill, ON – 1 facility, 70,000 square feet
We provide the following services to secure our facilities and your products:
– 24/7 security monitoring in all facilities with entrance and exit check points and patrol force around the building
– Surveillance cameras in all entrances and key points around the building
– Secure cage storage area for high dollar value products
You can use Shipped by Newegg even if you don’t sell on Newegg.com. But you must have a Newegg Marketplace seller account. After your marketplace seller account is created, you can create and convert items to SBN service. Deliver your products to us and we will fulfill your customer orders when you tell us to. This is referred to as Multi-Channel order Fulfillment.
There is no minimum number requirement to use our Shipped by Newegg program. You can have one item that is setup to Shipped by Newegg or you can have as many as you like.
After you have converted your items to SBN in the Seller Portal
– Go to Manage Items -> Item List -> Item Shipped by Newegg tab to see all items that are converted to SBN.
– Select item(s) and choose Send inventory / Replenishment Shipments from the dropdown menu.
– Click “GO”.
– Follow the step by step instructions. You may send the shipment to Newegg yourself, or use shipping label with our carrier partners during shipment creation / preparation process in Seller Portal. For more details please refer to our SBN user guide.
Our system will recommend the most appropriate warehouse for your inventory based on several factors including the size and category of the product, historical sales data of the product and others. You may ship based on our recommendation or you can manually select the warehouse of your choosing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not following our SBN policy requirements may result in refusal or disposal of your inventory shipment and/or additional processing fees will be imposed when applicable.
You need to ensure that each unit of your product shipped to us has a scannable label (UPC or EAN) on the outside of the product packaging. If the product does not have such label, you will need to utilize the Print Item Label function in the Seller Portal during the preparing of your shipment process. Then apply item labels onto each unit of your item.
We will inspect all inbound shipment packages, and product retail packaging for quality assurance. We will not perform quality check of the actual product.
If the shipment is sent to us using a Newegg inbound shipping program, we will assist you in filing a claim with the carrier. If the shipment is sent via your own carrier, you would need to file the claim directly with your carrier.
What is the difference between the All Item tab and the Item Shipped by Newegg tab in Item List function?
The All Item tab displays all your items, those ship by seller and those by SBN service.. The Item Shipped by Newegg tab displays all your SBN items. You can monitor your SBN item’s inventory status and perform various SBN processes such as send inventory / replenishment for SBN items, create multi-channel fulfillment orders, request for return inventory and convert item back to shipped by seller.
You may request to have your inventory returned to you by utilizing the Create Return Inventory Shipment function in the Item Shipped by Newegg tab.
– Select the item(s) you like to return. . Select “Create Return Inventory Shipment” from the dropdown menu and click “Go”.
– Input the number of unit(s) to return under Return Fullfillable Qty Column for each item.
– Select Shipping Method and confirm Ship to Address.
– Click “Confirm and Create Shipment”.
– Refer to SBN User Guide for complete details.
To track orders Shipped by Newegg, you can go to Manage Order -> Order List and use advance search and filter by “Fulfill by Newegg” only. You can also use “Fulfill Channel” column to identify which orders are Shipped by Newegg.
Orders placed on Newegg.com and were shipped by Newegg, Newegg will handle return requests and customer inquiries related to the orders. Newegg website will allow customers to submit return requests. Newegg customer service call centers will answer all customer inquiries related to the orders such as order status inquiry and order tracking inquiry. You can be sure that we will provide the world class Newegg shopping experience to all our customers.
For returns related to orders not placed on Newegg.com (multi-channel order, for example), Newegg will not handle the return process. The handling of return process has to be managed outside of Newegg marketplace platform. For returns related to orders placed on Newegg.com, customers can request returns online. Newegg RMA Center will handle all related services.
Multi-Channel Fulfillment service is where product inventory are stored at one central organization to be used as a fulfillment center for all your sales channels. Part of the Shipped by Newegg program is to allow your inventory to fulfill orders from multiple sales channels outside of Newegg.com
The Newegg Seller Portal provides you with the function to create multi-channel orders, one at a time or in batch mode by utilizing datafeed. Click here to see detailed instructions on how to create multi-channel orders in Seller Portal. Click here to see Shipped by Newegg Multi-Channel order rates.
The following shipping methods are available for multi-channel orders: (a) Standard Shipping (5-7 business days) (b) Expedited Shipping (3-5 business days) (c) Two-Day Shipping (2 business days) (d) One-Day Shipping.
Multi-Channel orders are shipped in boxes with standard Newegg logo with standard Newegg packaging.
For returns related to orders not placed on Newegg.com (multi-channel order, for example), Newegg will not handle the return process. The handling of return process has to be managed outside of Newegg marketplace platform.
Multi-Channel orders are also displayed in Order List in seller portal. They are identified as “Non-Newegg” in Sales Channel column. Tracking number per order is displayed in order detail page.