HID OMNIKEY 5427 CK
A contactless smart card reader commonly used for access control systems and PC login using existing employees' credentials. Independent of the operating system and use scenerio, the reader functions in virtually any environments, and its CCID or Keyboard Wedge interface provides the ideal solution with no need to install or maintain drivers.
With its keyboard wedge functionality, data from the card can be retrieved and transformed for direct input into applications using keystroke emulation and therefore eliminates the need for organizations to manually enter card data into applications. In addition to the standard CCID and Keyboard Wedge operation modes, the reader includes an integrated, easy-to-use web-based management tool that enables intuitive browser-based configuration without the need for special training.
The OMNIKEY 5427CK supports low and high frequency technology within a single device that enables seamless credential migration and mixed technology environments. The reader includes support for a wide range of low and high frequency card technologies, including HID Prox, Indala and EM Prox, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DESFire EV1, and iCLASS, as well as iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, iCLASS Elite, and other SIO-enabled credentials. For embedded applications, the OMNIKEY 5427CK is also available as a reader board—dedicated Developer Tool Kit provides all of the necessary tools and documentation to shorten integration cycles and to accelerate time to market with finished products.
Broad Credential Support
- Dual frequency functionality allowing support for both low and high frequency credentials simultaneously.
- HID Prox, Indala & EM Prox, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DESFire EV1, iCLASS, iCLASS SE, iCLASS Seos, iCLASS Elite, and other SIO enabled credentials
- Available with Bluetooth interface to be used with HID mobile access credential for IT Access.
- Fully configurable and programmable keyboard wedge functionality featuring an integrated management console.
- Flexible configuration of data structures and output modes.
- Human Interface Device (HID) protocol allows reader configuration through host in keyboard Wedge mode.
- Extended keyboard boot option for devices with limited USB device handling capabilities.
Enhanced Lifecycle Management
- Easy firmware updates and configuration setting utilizing a Web interface, SNMP messages and configuration cards.
- Developer Tool Kit (DTK) available that contains product samples, development documentation, samples code and access to HID Global's developer portal.
- Native CCID implementation supporting WINDOWS, LINUX and MAC operating systems.