Meet the demanding bandwidth needs of advanced Communications, Cloud, and Storage deployments and improve application efficiency and network performance with innovative and versatile capabilities that optimize high-performance server workloads.
The Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-2CQDA2 delivers up to 200Gbps of total bandwidth in systems that are PCIe 4.0 compliant. Each QSFP28 port supports up to 100Gbps, providing the functionality and throughput of two 100Gbps adapters in a single bifurcated PCIe 4.0 x16 slot.
Performance for Cloud Applications
Delivers the bandwidth and increased application throughput required for demanding cloud workloads including edge services, web servers, database applications, caching servers, and storage targets.
- Application Device Queues (ADQ) improves application response time predictability using advanced traffic- steering technology
- Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) enhances packet classification capabilities, to deliver up to 3x throughput improvement for some cloud workloads
- Supports both RDMA iWARP and RoCEv2 for high-speed, low-latency connectivity to storage targets, hybrid cloud, and HPC
Optimizations for Communications Workloads
Provides packet classification and sorting optimizations for high-bandwidth network and communications workloads, including mobile core, 5G RAN, and network appliances.
- Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) supports existing and new communications-specific protocols improving packet-processing efficiency up to 3x for some Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) workloads
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) v2 enables precise clock synchronization across the 5G RAN deployments
- Enhanced Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) support increases packet-processing speeds
Versatile Port Configurations with EPCT
Using EPCT, each port supports up to 100Gbps and can be programmed to act as different physical adapters.
The E810-2CQDA2 supports these configurations:
All 800 Series products include these technologies | Greater Predictability at Scale
As modern data centers scale, a key challenge is to provide scalable, predictable application-level performance. Application Device Queues (ADQ) technology improves performance scalability and predictability by dedicating queues to key workloads, delivering predictable high performance through dramatically reduced jitter.
Increasing the predictability of application response times by lowering jitter enables more compute servers to be assigned to a task and can allow more users to access the system, providing a better end-user experience. Even applications that are not large scale can benefit from higher consistency, enabling them to meet service-level agreements (SLAs) more easily.
ADQ enables application-specific data steering, signaling, and rate limiting using an optimized application thread to device data path. This ability to dedicate queues and shape network traffic not only increases performance, it reduces latency and improves throughput.