Motorola LI4278 Series Barcode Scanner
General Purpose Cordless Linear Imager
The Next Generation in 1D Scanning
The LI4278 takes 1D bar code scanning to the next level, allowing workers to scan faster and farther. Workers can capture virtually any 1D bar code - including the typical bar codes that are printed on paper labels; electronic bar codes displayed on the screen of a mobile phone, tablet or computer that allows retailers to easily process loyalty cards, mobile coupons and more; and the high density (HD) bar codes commonly used in electronic component manufacturing. 100 percent UPC bar codes can be captured from near contact to over 30 in./76.2 cm away, while 200% UPC codes can be scanned at 55in. (139.7cm) away. Since bar codes can be captured at extreme angles, scanning is easier than ever, so workers spend less time maneuvering the scanner and more time on task. And an optional cradle that enables presentation mode gives your workers the flexibility to use the scanner in handheld and hands-free modes.
Bluetooth® frees workers from cords, allowing cashiers to easily scan items inside and outside of the cash wrap. In addition, Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR provides better encryption for improved security; better wireless performance; better energy management to preserve power for a full shift and easy pairing with the host device.
Built For All Day, Everyday Use
A patent-pending single circuit board improves reliability by eliminating interconnections. Superior battery power management delivers the largest number of scans per battery charge to support scan intensive applications. You can use it in dusty and wet environments. The scan line is easy to see outdoors in bright sunlight as well as indoors in dim lighting. It can survive drops to concrete. And both cradles can handle over a quarter million insertions.
Cost Effective Upgrade Path
The LI4278 provides a positive return on investment by utilizing the same existing cradles and accessories as its cousins, the LS4278 and DS6878. Current investments are preserved, yet you can easily migrate to the latest in scanning technology.
Maximum Uptime For A Low TCO
Remote management tools combine with industry leading all-inclusive affordable service plans to keep devices in the hands of your workforce practically every minute of every working day, Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support provides next-business-day replacement of devices that require repair. Built-in Comprehensive Coverage protects your scanners from the unexpected, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses and delivering service peace of mind from the moment you purchase the device.
- Excellent 1D Scanning Performance Delivers superior scanning speed and a wide data capture range
- Captures Virtually All 1D Bar Codes on Any Surface - Including Mobile Phone Displays Capture labels printed on traditional paper labels as well as mobile bar codes that may be displayed on a mobile phone, tablet or computer screen
- Wide Working Range Reads UPC barcodes from 1 in./2.54 cm to 30 in./76.2 cm as well as high density codes at extended ranges for application flexibility
- Superior Motion and Angular Tolerance Bar codes can be captured faster, and there is no need to pause between scans or align scanner and bar code
- Built-In Rechargeable Battery Provides largest number of scans per charge – easily provides a full day of service in the highest usage profiles; replaceable battery ensures long lifecycle
- Compatible with 123Scan2 and Remote Scanner Management (RSM) Dramatically reduces management time and cost, from initial configuration to day-to-day management
- Withstands 100 Consecutive Drops to Concrete Protects against downtime from breakage due to everyday drops
- Flexible Mounting - Vertical or Horizontal Desktop cradle provides versatility to accommodate your unique environment
- Bluetooth 2.1 Provides better security, better performance, better energy management and much easier pairing over the Bluetooth wireless connection
- Backward Compatible Works with LS4278 cradles, providing a very cost-effective upgrade path